Miss Ese Oruru and her alleged abductor, Yunusa were Tuesday morning, flown to Abuja by the office of the Assistant Inspector General of Police Zone 1.
Police spokesman, Rabilu Ringim told Vanguard on telephone that the duo were taken to the Inspector General of Police, who will handover the 14 years old girl to her family.
Rabilu said “the girl and the boy have been flown to Abuja headquarters of the Nigeria Police for proper handing over to her parents”. The spokesman was however silent on the fate of Yunusa, the alleged abductor , who was flown to Abuja with Ese.
The Kano State Government also on Tuesday condemned the alleged abduction of Miss Ese Oruru. It said as a government, no individual or group brought the matter to its attention noting that it only got to know about the incident through the media.
This was contained in a statement signed by the State Commissioner of Information, Mallam Mohammed Garba. The statement partly read, “The Government of Kano State, for the purpose of setting the record straight, declares that:
“The issue was handled with dispatch competently, courageously and with all sense of concern by His Highness, the Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, since August last year when the case was brought to his attention by ordering that the girl, Ese Oruru, who has never ever been kept under his custody in the Palace, be taken back to her parents in Yenogoa in liaison with the office of the AIG Zone One, Nigeria Police Force.
“He expressed deep concern, during a recent press briefing, that his directive was not handled accordingly and therefore ordered that an investigation to immediately commence on why the directive was not complied with by the office of the AIG.
“The issue was never at any point in time brought to the attention of the State Government by any authority, group or person involved in any capacity in the issue, but only knew of it in the media.”
Credits: Vanguard & Punch